Thursday, February 21, 2008

Don't You Know I'm A Super-Being, Holmes?


What a way for a true American to spend a Wednesday afternoon. That was one of the most asinine, outrageously filthy, "I'll do what I need to do to win because I'm the Greatest Human Being on the Planet" performances that I have ever seen.

Down three with five holes to play at the WGC-Accenture Match Play, Tiger was frustrated and J.B. Holmes was well on his way to a memorable upset and a surprising trip to the Second Round. Then out of nowhere, Tiger decided he'd go birdie, birdie, birdie on 14, 15, and 16 including the skraight drainage of a putts from 15 and 18 feet. No big deal. All square at 17, Tiger was in the rough and about 300 yards away. "Stevie, how about a 5-wood!" Is this friggin' guy serious? Super-Being proceeds to hammer it out of the rough and onto the green in two. Unreal. That shot was followed by a 35-foot eagle drain and Tiger was somehow up one heading to the tee at 18. Holmes was left to wonder, "How the eff did that just happen?" and missed an 8-footer on the 18th green that would have extended that match. And there I was, just sitting there, shaking my head in disbelief, in awe and wonderment. A freakin' 5-wood! From there?

Oh yeah, 31 other guys also won. And 31 bums lost. But seriously, who really cares about them?



That blast off the tee at Doral is my favorite.

A Candy Painted Countdown to the Masters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is what I'm fuckin talkin about! The Tiger is loose and there will be blood on the fairways of the national.